Saturday, July 02, 2005

Ray's Thought for the Day - Quercus 2, '05

Lemme see. How do the sins of lyin and gluttony affect me professionally?

I, Ray, am working as a Druid in the sphere of providin agricultural advice to the public so that makes me, Ray, a consultant. Easy that, to figure, that being the professional calling of Druids everwhere at all times.

Further, I Ray, have to know somethin on a subtopic or two to get to the consultant phase in the first place. Easy that, I, Ray, have been studying up on the little wonders for many moons. Easy that, easy to do.

But then here's the troubling part. I, Ray, would rather opt for a #3, than have the Goddess opt, for a #4, especially if She opts for a #4a for the dearly parted, Ray. Rayetta made all that abundantly apparent in her subtopic relatin to what happens to me, Ray, when I am sincerely dead. So that means I, Ray, need to take Dr. Swineherd's subtopic, Druid Ethics, as rules, not just guidelines.

So. First thing I need to ask myself when considerin a consultation is, "Am I, Ray, lying?, am I, Ray, being a glutton?" Easy that.

_____________

Note: Ray's competition in the consultation business, in these parts, includes those with little or no ethical training, even some that believe their sins will be forgiven.

The Ark Druid

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O man of nature wonder, please decifer this for me....I had the unpleasant (or perhaps in retrospect it be a pleasant experience) of having a fly land upon my blue t-shirt, bend it's back legs ever so slightly as if by gravitational pull, then leaving a tiny, but noticable dropling on the front left side of my shirt. HA, I exclaimed, did the fly think I was one of those big blue tall plastic boxes traditionally seen now at outdoor events, or am I one of the few humans on this earth ever to witness such necessay act, even for the Class of Insectiva. Any cues will do. The Wood Wench

10:45 PM  
Blogger ray pistrum said...

Dear Wood Wench,

I am fairly certain the fly did not mistake you for a porta-potty. They are smarter than that. You are right to be amused that a fly would let you personally see it do that on your shirt. Few people can honestly make that claim.

Also, I have never heard it said that fly specks are unusally difficult to clean up after. Perhaps you could just wash the shirt, following your usual shirt washing methodology.

Ray

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home