Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ray's Thought for the Day

Here I am. Back with Crumby in the laboratory, a sedge buster. Yippee. Apparently, Red has taught the plants how to spell which makes my job a lot easier.

Scleria muhlenbergii, or if you prefer, Scleria reticularis. Hi! We are achenes, three. I am the middle one with my bottom up so you may espy part of my deeply three lobed hypongonium. Also, if you look carefully at us, you may note tufts of short, curly hairs distributed mostly on our tops. Crumby says we are hairier-headed than yer average water engineer. But that's a private joke. Here comes Crumby now. Ray! Here comes Crumby.

Great. Talking achenes. Hey Crumby.

Hey Ray. I see you already did sedge buster.

Yepper.

Want to stay up all night and look fer double stars with me?

Noper. I have to do homework.

Ah ha. I see you have a study book. How to Become a Positively Received Sun God by Sister Mary of Surpassing Misery. That sounds real interesting Ray. Well, later dude, I got some preparations to make. Reckon who might want to espy some doubles. Ah ha, there's Rayetta. No doubt Rayetta will wish to espy some doubles.

Great.

Ray-ay could you come in here for a minute. Hope and I want to give you some instructions and some more books to read.

Great. Sure thing, in a minute. Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home