Monday, August 01, 2005

Ray's Thought for the Day - I 32, '05

Whoa! That date aint right.

But on to botanical thoughts since I am constipated with those. Dwelling always on clay, one wishes to dwell on sand, and possibly vice versa. For it is with constant reminders that we learn the floristic nuances of clays versus sands. No botanist, for example, who lived on sand, would collect Polypremum procumbens upwards of 30 times. The same could be said, perhaps, of Tripogon spicatus, Eriogonum multiflorum and yea verily Petunia parviflora. Which brings me to my actual thought. RGEVCB needs to publish a composite plant list exclusive to the "granite" outcrops of the Central Mineral Region. And I bet Glen Rose has one of these, or could speedily assemble one. Also, a search for Campanula revechonnii should be undertaken following the next rain event in those parts "the granite outcrops".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home