Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Adventures of Blodeuwedd cont.

"So, that's the way of it. I, the WG, in my Arianrhod guise, loosed the Steady Paw upon the world and now he (it) has been nurtured by Math and Gwydion into a, no doubt, strange young man (it). Well, I guess I will go through with this since marrying kings is one of my main jobs."

The marriage was quite the most splendid ever seen in those parts and everyone said Blodeuwedd was quite the most beautiful bride ever seen in those parts, albeit a little strange, maybe, and Lleu did OK at the ceremony remembering to say "I do." immediately after he forgot to say I do the first time and said, "Do I, anon?", instead. Math was so pleased with all that had passed that he bestowed upon Lleu Llaw Guffes one of his own nice cantrefs to rule over. (A cantref is sort of like a county or a parrish, but littler). So Lleu was scheduled to be king of one small, but nice, county, er cantref, anon.

The actual marriage, however, began to head south, figuratively and literally, when the chariot caravan left for Dinoding which was the official name of Lleu's new cantref. For Blodeuwedd dutifully attempted conversation with Lleu as they bounced along, to discover his interests and feelings, so that She might share in these interests and feelings, with him. Therefore, Blodeuwedd spake to Lleu thusly,

"Tell me Lleu, what be the trees of this great wood as we pass through?"

"As we pass through, I shall tell thee of these trees, anon."

"Lleu, time hath passed apace and yet ye tell me not of the trees!"

"No, indeed I have not, for these same trees have passed me by also."

"Then what of the beasts, tell me of the beasts in these parts."

"As we pass through, I shall tell thee of the beasts, anon."

"Lleu, time hath passed apace and yet ye tell me not of the beasts!"

"No, indeed I have not, for these same beasts have passed me by also."

Then what of the Cymry, tell me of the Cymry in these parts."

"As we pass through, I shall tell thee of the Cymry, anon."

"Lleu, time hath passed apace and yet ye tell me not of the Cymry!"

"No, indeed I have not, for these same Cymry have passed me by also."

"Hmmmmmmm. All righty then. We shall soon see what else passes thee by, anon," foretold Blodeuwedd, but Lleu wasn't paying attention because he was having lotsa fun, driving the chariot.

Then, as the twain of them, Blodeuwedd and Lleu, were bouncing along, and Blodeuwedd waxing aggravated and more so aggravated with each passing anon and bounce, a Great Horned Owl espied the charioteer Lleu, and made straight for Lleu's cap which was figured in the likeness of a lion, which the Great Horned Owl took to be a tiny kitten. (And this is where the expression "and then the Great Horned Owl espied the tiny kitten", that is well known even in these parts and those parts to this very day, came from). Yea verily, the Great Horned Owl stooped on Lleu and the unwary charioteer, Lleu, was taken unawares and discomfitted by the Great Horned Owl stooping on his cap, so that he made a great leap from the chariot and landed wrong and in such a fashion that his hip bones were pulled plumb loose from their sockets and Lleu, much like like his father er, uncle er, brother er, Math, would from that day forth require, like Math, a Royal Footholder and a horse or pony to go about on.

_____

to be continued

by Nancy the Goddess of Practical Jokes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home