Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes

I have a list of multiples to espy in Ophiucus. But I'm not making much headway. I tried to do some hard ones first; example, a double with 1.9 arcseconds separation and the little one mag 12. On some of these there's been serious trouble deciding if my scope was up to the task, or if I was looking at the wrong star, duh. Seeing has been swell the last two nights, but then the clouds zoom up from the south right away. It's pretty funny to be focusing the telescopery and finally get a tiny star smack dab centered and perfectly focused using a 6mm ep and 2x barlow for a magnification of 445x and then suddenly everything goes blank due to cloudy obscurity. Many would have a panic attack if such happened to them. But the Crumby Ovate is steeled against such misadventures from long habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home