Friday, February 09, 2007

Crumby - The Trials and Tribulations of a Mid-Level Consumer

You are upgrading to a DSLR? You long for better image quality, more flexibility and a spiffy optical viewfinder that shows you most of what the sensor sees when you hold it flush against your eyeball.

Me too, maybe. But I am troubled by the prospects. My camera may be too big, or too little, too heavy or too light, or ergonomically unsuited to my grip. Dust may get on my sensor. I may have noise at high ISO levels. My pictures may have moire artifacts and jaggies. My burst mode may be retarded. My camera may be unstable, my pictures blurry. My battery life may be short. I may not be able to focus in low light. I may focus hunt. I may have no depth of field preview. My white balance may be, er, whatever. My shutter and focus motors may be noisy. My optical viewfinder may be too little, or too dim. My sensor may be too little. My lenses may not work in autofocus. My lenses may not work at all. My lenses may vignette and pincushion when they do work. My lenses may be so expensive I keep them in a safety deposit box at the bank. I may scratch, drop or lose my favorite and most expensive lens or the whole camera. I may get nose oil on my LCD. My dslr may be obsolete, before I buy it. My included free software may not do what I want it too, even if I could operate it by myself. The internal flash may shed no light. Memory is not included. Remote is not included. Bag is not included. Extra battery is also, not included. Mercy!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home