Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - Rainfall Update

Well, here most of us are on the 52nd day of DY 1, Season of the Polar Bear and I have a feeling that the wet weather we have enjoyed has petered out. It has been cold and mostly dry in these parts lately. Still, there was 0.05 in the gauge from the recent drizzle and that needs to be added in. 10.38" + 0.05" = 10.43".

In spite of the arid conditions I enjoyed my delicious cinnamon bun today. Later I got hungry again so I had oatmeal with raisins. But somebody forgot to shop around, so I was out of my official apricot jam. I had to substitute peach preserves in my oatmeal.

That additional hardship failed to deter basal rosette photography. A weaker sister, completely out of his favorite apricot jam, might have gone back to bed. But not me. Actually, I did go back to bed for an hour or so, lured thereto by the Ample Bosoms, but soon I was up and around again.

Focusing on one of our most common basal rosettes, this is (Oenothera speciosa), the pink evening primrose. It may have had some mop water with vinegar poured on it, accidentally. Also, a tiny herbivore or two, driven by hunger despite the cold temperatures, has been at this basal rosette, devouring it. For some reason, more than one winter weed in these parts has purplish splotches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home