Sunday, January 02, 2011

Crumby's Newest Obsession

They say that changing systems is hard to do.
And Crumby knows, he knows that it's true.
Don't say I can't buy that lens. If you don't let me buy that lens I'll never be your friend again.

I beg of you, to understand. To understand as best you can. A camera needs a lens or two and changing over's hard to do.
_____


Crumby! You need to go stay in Cuba with your communist buddies. Because, you are driving us all nuts.

OK. But y'all will have to pay for my airplane tickets. Then too, the communists shall have to support me until I get all these camera issues sorted out. They may not support me Rayetta. They might, make me work. You know what the communists say, Rayetta? Work or starve! If I have to work, never mind starve, I may not get all this sorted out, ever.

OK Crumby. Given all that, you may stay here. But you must abide in your laboratory all the time except for when you eat or perform ablutions. Also, when you eat or perform ablutions you may only talk to yourself. Matter of fact, to alert everyone that conversation with Crumby is unnecessary, and no one needs to holler out, You talkin' to me?, in response to your incessant camera rantings, we shall hang a sign on you that reads, My comments are always rhetorical. Only under those circumstances shall you be allowed to remain at the CB.

Oh yeah! Praise the Goddess! I get to stay. The thing is, though nobody may believe it, I am fixing to actually do some consulting work. If I can behave myself all the way through the upcoming job I will get plenty of money. Lots of money. So I need to get the camera gear situation sorted out before I head out on this new money-making quest. Mercy!

OK. What Crumby has temporarily decided is that he shall hang on to some of the Olympus stuff for like work and gradually replace it with Canon stuff. I mean, the Olympus stuff works swell under super novas or with flash. And Crumby already has an Olympus flash.

Huh huh. If Crumby was fixing to go visit the interior of a globular cluster he would want his Olympus. Olys should work swell inside globulars.

So what this means is, Crumby may take a while switching to Canon entirely. But Crumby has already switched on the long end. Yes. Crumby's first Canon lens purchase was the incredibly versatile EF 400mm F 5.6 prime. Did I say versatile? Watch out Crumby! Yer fixin' to back off yonder cliff!

And that's it so far. Crumby has just that one lens, scheduled to arrive anon. And it cost a pretty penney or red cent. But that lens is one of the main reasons Crumby desired a little change in the first place.

Next up is a wide. Maybe not the Sigma 8-16. Maybe a cheaper one. Then, for a while, the Olympus gear shall need to fill in between ultra wide and 400mm. Heck! Crumby woudn't even need any of those mms if not for macro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home