Friday, August 12, 2005

Ray's Thought for the Day

Once not long ago I was standing around in a small troop of range managers and range manager wannabes looking out a landscape dominated by mesquite, Texas wintergrass and Japanese brome. "And then someone opined, if we burn this all the native decreasers will come back. Their seed is in the soil and all of them will come back if we burn this". The evidence for this actually having happened at other places was then summarized by all present with anecdotal familiarity with this phenomena.

I Ray, was more familiar with this site, botanically speaking, than anyone else present. And I pointed out that none of the decreasers for this particular range site were extant on this range site. I, Ray was pooh-poohed and assured that the seeds were there in the soil and just needed a good fire to set them to germinating.

All righty then, thought I. You betchum Red Ryder.

2 Comments:

Blogger dig up stupid said...

When you run into the brick wall of stupidity it's time to turn to infantile cruelty of http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com/index.html

2:27 PM  
Blogger ray pistrum said...

Yep. I instantly forgot about everything else as soon as I got to that site.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home