Friday, December 23, 2005

Red on The Adventures of Etain

I didn't know that Fuamnach so far as I know. We didn't have overlappin' iterations, maybe, her bein' before my time. Turnin' poor little Etain into a dern fly and then sendin' winds to drive the fly hither and yon so the fly could get no rest. Ha! No rest. But the righteous don't need rest, so Etain didn't need rest either. Noper, that Etain just buzzed happily along fer everyone, fly er no. That's a good lesson, fer me. So then Etain gets herself remetamorphosized through the gustatory and reproductatory efforts of Etar's wife. Biologically confusin' that, much like some other stories I, myself, Red, know. Nonetheless,
It is She who will be celebrated everywhere; it is She the king is seeking. Once she was called Be Find. Now she is our Etain.


What would you do if you loved Etain, but feared to protect Her? What would you do if you were a coward with a yeller streak down yer back? That's Mider, all righty, a coward. Afraid to stand up to Fuamnach for fear of the sungods retribution. Oh he loved Etain all righty.
I love Etain, but I'm scared to stick up, fer her. Ogma Sunface er Lug the Lightbringer might hurt me. Course I did bring this sitiation on myself by trying to have Fuamnach and Etain to wife and that did rather piss of Fuamnach since I was supposed to just be married to her, and maybe bein' in the wrong on that count put the yeller streak up my back, maybe.


But Oegnus warn't no coward and he lay for Fuamnach one fine day, bushwhacked her and cut her head clean off so that Fuamnach was not merely dead, she was sincerely dead and, according to Rayetta, the WG has her up in the Castle, fer sure. I, Red don't know about that. Fuamnach may be out by now, enjoyin' another iteration. After all, how would you feel if yer husband fersook ye fer another. Ye'd be aggravated too. It's just ye might not be so vengeful as Fuamnach was. But Fuamnach deserves another chance in my book, she shouldn't have to rot ferever, just fer a good long spell.

Anyway, Etain gets herself born again in woman -child kind, grows up and gets herself married off to yet another worthless Irishman and, a course, here comes that coward Mider a lookin' fer Her, agin.
_____

The Adventures of Etain

to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home