Saturday, December 17, 2005

Ray on The Adventures of Etain

I, Ray would like to have a Scarlet Fly er two. The sight of one of them nourishes a person and its buzzing puts one to sleep after a weary day. Also, if anyone should try and sneak up on me while I was sleeping that did not love me, my Fly would awaken me. All these attributes of these particular Flies seem entirely useful, to me. Especially since I am prone to having an intermittently nervous disposition, though I would hasten to add that I am normally placid. It does indeed seem like having a Scarlet Fly could have the effect of making me continuously placid as opposed to intermittently placid.

Hope, does Nancy market any Scarlet Flies?

No, I'm so sorry Ray. I'm afraid the only flies Nancy vends are those ones in the ice cubes and they don't buzz. However, I'm sure if you looked high and low you could maybe find a Scarlet Fly somewhere. Or perhaps you could adopt a kitten. They buzz, sort of. Or perhaps you could adopt a puppy and a kitten for a puppy will awaken you if anyone approaches whether they love you or are just sneaking up on you. Or perhaps you could adopt a skunk and keep it with you always.

Why would I want to adopt a skunk?

I believe they go off when they are startled and that would possibly alert you to the danger of some evil doer sneaking up when you are sleeping. That would be helpful, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't the skunk odour get on me too?

Perhaps the first few times it would Ray. But I bet you could train the skunk over time to point away from you when it goes off.

Hmph. You know I talked to a skunk a while back and it seemed a reasonable fellow, but I don't know if it would consider being adopted. It seemed to be about its own business pretty seriously and we barely got through our bye yer leaves before it went snuffling along on its way. Those skunks seem kind of individualistic. I'm not sure a skunk would want to be a pet.

Well Ray, you are possibly aware that there are several different kinds of skunks and some may be more sociable than others. Then too, you might find a particular skunk that really likes you and would be willing to help you out. I suggest that if you wish to pursue this solution to your dilemma, you should try to make the acquaintance of a great many skunks and see which one might suit your needs and be agreeable to a pet-like arrangement.

Yepper, maybe. But I still would rather have a Fly.

Then I hope you find one Ray. Just remember, there's always hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home