Monday, March 27, 2006

Sedge Buster Part 2 Cyperus Lesson 10

So Ray, are ye about done with yer story?

Noper.

Look Ray. I need hep. And tomorrow I have to go to the airport and pick up a bunch of scientists comin' along here to investigate my bone. How am I gonna do all that and keep up with sedge buster, by myself.

Do a miracle Crumby.

Whut?

Well if yer descended from Jesus, ye should do a miracle.

Dang it Ray. Yer aggravatin' me. When are ye gonna be done with that Ray and Olwen?

Don't know Crumby. It's a long spell.

Right. A long spell. All righty then. I'm fixin' to do a sedge buster. Wanna hep.

Noper. I got to go rest up. For tomorrow I continue on my quest. Get Rayetta to hep ye. See ya.

Yeah. Maybe Rayetta will go to the airport, fer me. Anyway, tonight's sedge buster is Cyperus iria and the key spell fer it is, a bunch of extremely unequal peduncles. Peduncle is the term for the stalk of a flower, or, in this event a great bunch of florets. Let's just look at the first picture.

So, the Cyperus iria on the left is a big one, for a Cyperus iria. See, there are some long peduncles, and some that are so short ye caint see em a-tall. This is what the spell, unequal pedunccles, means, maybe.

Next is a picture of achenes and scales. They are all in the neighborhood of 1.0-1.5mm. I think this is correct. But this venue has given me so much aggravation, and taken so long to post these pictures, complicated by my many other duties, I may have forgotten the actual length of the achenes and scales. This particular sedge buster may need some editing as a consequence, anon. If I survive the bone inquistion. Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home