Friday, June 16, 2006

Crumby' Telescope Tomfoolery Gets Set Back

We had a stampede last night in the east pasture and some of the cows, some evil cows potentially, trampled the Newt into the dust. Yikes! Not really, it was just some clouds that interrupted the session about 1 AM. But I could hear those potentially evil cows mulling around in the dark and it got me thinking on how one can spook oneself in the dark. One night recently, for example, I was hiking along loaded down with telescopery gear and I became pretty sure a tree was fixing to attack me. So now, I never go out to the east pasture at night without at least a hand gun.

The mutiple star viewing session was short but interesting; 68, 69 and 70 in Ophiucus. 70 is a nice tight pretty one, big yellow and little red. One of the other ones, 68 I think maybe, showed some nice color too. I also fooled around with the Newt on Rho Ophiucus, but I couldn't do much better with the Newt than with the Lomo even at 357x. It was pretty windy again for one thing so the Newt kept getting blown around. I did get something of a blurry V out of the the yellow star(s).

The exact location of 1785 Bootes remains a mystery, fer me. Heck, I couldn't find M3 either. Oh well, one day closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home