Saturday, November 04, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes - Adventures with Ogma

Wouldn't you know it. Now that I am all set up to espy more sunspots, the clouds have charged in out of nowhere. Worthless or nearly so from the sungazer's perspective, they aren't even rain clouds. Shucks! I could just as well be stuck in Folsum Prison, from the sungazer's perspective.

Everyone but me went off to Pow Wow. I may go over later and look at the flutes. I ovate that the vendors outside Pow Wow have a great many flutes for sale. If I had a flute I could maybe learn to play the flute on cloudy days and nights. I would play such mournful music on the flute that the clouds would weep bitter tears for all the times they've passed me by and not rained on me. Then I would play a jig on my flute, dispelling the general gloom. Out Ogma would pop from behind the cloudy curtain and then I could look at the sunspots, all thanks to my concert quality flute toodle-ing ability.

Er. Let me ovate a minute. This is November 4th of the Julian. That means the 8th is four days anon. So I foretell, given the heavy significance of the number 4, that the western horizon shall be free of clouds on the 8th, maybe. So all I need to do is go off and find a spot to set up and I shall then happily view the Mercury Transit on that date, maybe.

Well, there's actually one more item to deal with. Yesterday, I stripped the screw on my altitude slow-motion cable. I need to deal with that before the 8th too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home