Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - Crumby May Have A Thought or Two

Yepper Ray, I do. I have, mostly against my will, been studying up on photography. I actually read the camera manual up to video clips. I couldn't make myself go any further though since video clips are beyond me for the nonce. Yepper, I am alternatively focused in on the tiny and generally low to the ground for the nonce.

One troubling aspect of the tiny and low to the ground is how to get the camera on the level of the lowly or within a couple of centimeters thereof while having the camera inert. How about a macro camera stand with a stage for the tiny and low to the ground? This would work swell for the tiny if the tiny was also inert, like for example a lichen. Course one would probably damage the lichen putting it on stage. And hark! Macro camera stands are either really dangerous or really expensive so the lichens need not trouble themselves on that account.

I continued to wrack myself with this aggravation. I considered a variety of options, often imagining myself engineering a device that would subsequently make me rich beyond my wildest dreams. But alas, all these alternatives involved work. At last I began to despair, and as I despaired I also chanced to cast an eye or two upon my trusty tripod.

Wait a minute, I conjectured, that center column on that tripod is reversible. What if I reversed the column so that the three way head hung down, forlornly. Good Goddess!!!! This works perfectly. I can lower the camera to snake belly level and still employ all the three-way tripod controls, espying the LCD while comfortably seated on my ass. And the camera buttons and dials are all handy. Course the subject in these situtations will need to be generally inert. Or, maybe something will wander under the tripod.

Next, I have thought a good deal about the light problem. Light is the biggest problem both under the microscope and with the camera and assorted macro lenses. I never seem to be able to get enough light. Let's see if the light aggravation gets a solution as happy as the camera stand aggravation.

Oh! One other thought: 4 way macrofusing rail with reversed column on tripod might be very handy. Er. I might need some added support to keep the column from crashing down though and crushing my lichen with the camera. But maybe not. That is a pretty stout screw ring inside that tripod. Er.
____

Taking advantage of rainfall event, 8-8-8 liquid fertilizer applied to two winter weeds on this date, Polar Bear 24, DY 1.

Mr. Red Ears

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home