Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - Water Walker

Yesterday, I thought maybe I would get to go down to the lake and listen to Mr. Obama's pep talk to the disenfranchised. Instead, I hunted grasshoppers in the wilderness. But later, I got to watch some of the pep talk on the TV.

There I was, ensconced in my favorite Lazy Boy recliner, my bosom companion, Crumby, at my side, my Moon Goddess girlfriend, Olwen, on my lap. Lulu on Olwen's lap. My Lazy Boy is sturdy. That is a considerable mass for my Lazy Boy to support.

So we are all of us watching the show and I am trying to pay attention to the pep talk. However, while paying attention to Mr. Obama I suddenly began to think about something Mr. Obama should do that might get the disenfranchised throng seriously worked up. What Mr. Obama should do, I thought to myself, is, Mr. Obama should do a miracle. Mr. Obama should hop down off the platform, stroll across Auditorium Shores, cool as can be, shaking hands and schmoozing along until he gets to the actual watery surface of Town Lake. Then he should holler out, "Watch This!!!!"

"Yikes!!!! Look, look, Mr. Obama is water walking," everyone cries out. Plus everyone watching at home also hollers out that glad cry, "Look, look, Mr. Obama is water walking on the TV." Yepper. A miracle now and then should peg up the old fund raising totals a notch or two.

Interesting that I get these visions, twice now, watching Mr. Obama on the TV, a major departure from the visions I get from watching the Kinglet, Chitlin and Associates. Hold it. I am getting another vision. My delicious cinnamon bun is approaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home