Monday, May 14, 2007

Crumby on the Job - Bifora

Actually, I am not on the job. My job is almost done in, so now I can relax and enjoy my bifora. Yes, it is my bifora. Bifora is my personal favorite plant.

Bifora, known by some as prairie bishop, is indeed the greatest of my personal favorite forbs. Long and hard, for about an hour or two, I labored to get bifora included in the CB flora. Now, we have more than ever before, maybe 10-12 biforas, or even more biforas than that for me to enjoy.

Just pronounce bifora out loud. Does not bifora, as you pronounce it aloud, remind you of the dwarves in The Hobbit? One of those dwarves was named, Bifora, right? Isn't it good to know that even a dwarf can be named after a plant?

Actually it was Bifur's sister that was named Bifora. Later, she got married to Bombur. But never mind that.

All righty then. There are several reasons why bifora is my favorite forb or even my favorite plant, whichever. First, it is white, which shade is for the Blessed Goddess. Second, it is little and wiry. Third, it is a carrot. Fourth, I was once employed on a Republican ecology project in which all the carrots encountered were designated as bifora. Go figure! Fifth, it is alledgedly a component of the true prairie that was, maybe.

Let's see. Five reasons is the same difference as several. All righty then.

Lately, with all the bifora at the CB, I have been wondering what bifora is good for. Duh! What's it good for? Can I eat it or fornicate it? Duh! Huh, huh, I know what I can do to it. Huh, huh. Unnnnnnnnnnhh-ah. Take that, bifora.

But Republican ecology aside, I have been wondering what insects alight upon this plant, to do upon bifora, what the Republicans would do upon it if they were only littler; like eat, fornicate and shit. Well, maybe the Republicans would not fornicate. They would abstain until they got married.

So I am putting together a photo gallery of insects on bifora. Trouble is, all the insects that get on the bifora are really little. So this photo gallery shall be nothing but tiny, even lilliputian, or even dwarf size.

Here's bifora with nothing on bifora.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home