Friday, May 11, 2007

Rayetta's Thoughts for the Day

My brother, Ray, has chafed himself again. So Ray is taking a sick day. Hmmm. Let me see. What do I feel like explaining? Hmmm. OK.

The little wood-satyrs, butterfly metamorphosis, are diminishing temporally. They are being replaced, in that niche, temporally, by the red satyr Megisto rubricata. I know this because I have been going out with Crumby every day for weeks. The little wood-satyrs are scarce and sickly and the red satyrs, in the same habitats, are waxing. Though how any butterfly shall survive the spider webs, beats me. The spiders very nearly got me, Dr. Pistrum. Those spiders were sorry they tried to get me, I might add.


For the nonce, these red satyrs are very, very wild. I saw maybe 20 today, versus one little wood-satyr, but this is the best picture I could obtain. 2 - 3 on the Rayetta scales.

We also have a new plant, up from seed at the CB, Marshallia caespitosa. Here's that, also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home