Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - Praise the Government

Lo and behold, some of the government still works OK. For example, yesterday my billfold got run through the washer and the drier. Preceeding that event, billfold washing and drying, I was in panic mode, because I had run out of clean undears, and I forgot to go through all the pockets, pre-wash. Consequently, my trusty billfold got washed and dried. Now, all those clothes smell like my trusty billfold.

"Ray sugar, why did you wash your billfold?"

Yep. That was the spell that alerted me to the whereabouts of my billfold. Mercy, I thought, my Social Security card was in that billfold. Triplet, red-headed, orphan bastard babies on a swingset, my Social Security card may have expired in the drier. In panic mode I searched through that drier frantically. There was my insurance card, turned to fluff. There were all the receipts, fluffed wads.

Hark! There's a bunch of dollar bills though. They are all righty then. So espying that the dollar bills were OK, if slightly curled up, hope sprang eternal into my noggin. Then, sure enough, there was my social secruity card, ensconced on one of the drier propellers, joint-like.

Ironed out, that particular Social Security card was still legible. Praise the government! Now, despite my carefree attitude on pre-wash pocket emptying, I do not have to go down to the Social Security office and get a new card. If I had to do that again, I would probably not, Praise the Government! Getting that card in the first place was an aggravating experience. That is why the government, at its best, makes Social Security cards that can withstand a catastrophe or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home