Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ray's Rainfall Update - Not for Ladies and Children

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Pistol packin' pooters pack them pistols round
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Pistol packin' pooters, pistol cracks resound

Stop that Ray!

All righty then. So much for acapello, canary-like song. Some will complain about everything. But not me. My Sun God training prohibits excessive whining or complaining. So let's move along to the all important rainfall update. We have, 28.92" + 0.70" = 29.62", on this, Day 187 of DY 1. Praise the Goddess! And that's just so far today. There could be more rain, on the way.

Did you know that in a civil society there are supposed to be laws that everyone obeys? Not that everyone does obey every law all the time in a civil society, but mostly, everyone does, more or less. However, as many, break more and more laws, more and more often, the society becomes less civil. For example, our miserable Iraqi colony is not an especially civil society. That's because lots of the miserable Iraqis don't like having our laws imposed on them. But also, the miserable Iraqis know, just like most of US know, that Chitlin and Associates, plus the Kinglet, are crooks.

Many years ago a similar situation erupted west of the Pecos. At that time, west of the Pecos, the only civilized inhabitants were the Pistol Packin' Pooters (PPPs). The PPPs lived happy, carefree lives. Travel from mesa to mesa was accomplished easily because the Pistol Packin' Pooters had the ability to retain gas. After awhile, the great pressure of the gas, expelled all at once, allowed for the jet-like propulsion of a PPP. So basically, all your average PPP ever did was jet propel himself or herself from one feeding location to the next. Then, once that location was et up, it would be time to jet propel off to another location. Occasionally though, twain or more of the PPPs would take time out to fornicate.

Yepper, those were good times for the happy, carefree PPPs. But then along came a very naughty PPP. That naughty one was named Roy. One day, almost by accident, Roy, propelled himself into an interesting habitat. In that habitat was a plant new to Roy. "Er", thought Roy, "I wonder if I can eat this?" But Roy was very hungry so eventually he decided, "Sure, I can eat this at least once." So Roy ate and ate until he was plumb full. Ummmm. Those are delicious. I shall call those delicious items, beans." That's how Roy got his surname.

Pretty soon Roy noticed that he was gasing up faster than usual. "It must be those beans gasing me up faster than usual." Then, when Roy committed to a flattulence, off he zoomed, faster and further than ever before.

But Roy had a naughty streak plus two names. So Roy got to thinking, "How should I, Roy Bean, take advantage of this situation, which may seem like accidental good fortune to many, but obviously, was pre-ordained, just for me, Roy Bean." Roy thought and thought. "OK, I am the only one that knows beans, and I am the most jet-propelled of any PPP that ever was, and I have two names. So I shall make up some laws. Then everyone of these miserable PPPs shall know me as Roy Bean, the law west of the Pecos. Hold it. First off I need a bean monopoly, and a law to protect all my beans from those evil potential bean rustlers. Then I can dole out my beans a few at a time to my trustworthy lackeys and syncophants. All those boot licker lackey and syncophant PPPs shall be eternally greatful once they get a bean or two under their belts. Then, once those bootlickers are trained up posse-like, I shall have my posse enforce my bean monopoly. Ha, I shall judge who gets beans and who does not. Hold it! Judge! Whoa! I shall be Judge Roy Bean, the law west of the Pecos."

But how did Judge Roy Bean, the law west of the Pecos, come to be known also as the Hanging Judge? Well, that's a tail, I mean tale, for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home