Friday, June 22, 2007

The New Camera is Making Progress

Yepper, the new camera has been to California twice in three months. It is out in California at this very nonce. Of course, Rayetta is giving me a hard time about that particular new camera because that new camera keeps breaking itself at inopportune instances when I am using it and Rayetta isn't. So Rayetta says, Crumby, you need to check up on the new camera. Call up where it is visiting to discover the status of that new camera. Goodness. For all you know, Crumby, that new camera may be lost in the mail, astray from its intended destination. Crumby did you remember to insure the new camera for its journey?

Yepper, Rayetta is an endless source of good advice. Eventually, a man of action like me can only take so much good advice before taking some action. Do something, even if it's wrong, Crumby.

But Rayetta, today is a holiday. The new camera repair service out in California is most likely unmanned, due to the holiday.

Don't try your highjinks on me, Crumby Ovate. These days, all but the truly pious labor, even on the high holidays. Call them up.

But Rayetta, I am truly pious and I do observe the high holidays. Plus calling them up seems much like work, fer me. Why should I have to work?

Hmmm. Crumby, you broke the new camera, again. Therefore, calling them up on a high holiday is your payback for breaking the new camera, again.

Mercy! So yesterday, even on Summer Solstice, I had to call up the new camera repair service out in California, push all the right buttons, plus have my call monitored.

Eventually, This is the New Camera Repair Service out in California, How may I help you?

I mailed off my new camera to y'all last week and I was wondering if my camera had arrived, yet.

What is your last name and zip code sir?

Ovate, O-v-a-t-e, at xxxxx.

Please hold Mr. Ovate while I go check on your new camera.

In a surprisingly short while the cheerful yet efficient lady was back on the line.

Mr. Ovate, your camera arrived yesterday and shall be mailed back to you tomorrow.

It will? But I stuck my finger in it and knocked the mirror plumb loose.

Well that's OK, Mr. Ovate. That mirror must not have been attached very well. Anyway, they shall send it back to you tomorrow.

So it's already fixed?

No, not yet. But they say it shall be fixed and mailed out tomorrow.

All righty then.

Is there anything else, Mr. Ovate?

Nope. Thank you. Bye.

Goodbye, Mr. Ovate.

Ha! This news shall please Rayetta. Now, also perhaps, Rayetta shall appreciate that the mirror on that new camera was not glued in properly in the first place. Ha! I am entirely innocent of poking that mirror with my finger. We shall soon see what Rayetta has to say to that.

Guess what Rayetta, the cheerful yet efficient and pretty young lady at the new camera repair service says the new camera shall be mailed back, fixed, tomorrow. Plus, she says that mirror was probably loose in the first place.

Hmmm. Crumby, did you phone flirt?

No, no, no, Rayetta. I was strictly business like.

All righty then, Crumby. By the way, Crumby, Lomo and Lometa, our darling proto humans, have set up a trapeze out in the pecan orchard. But, of course, the old camera is too slow to document their act.

Yepper. Well, we can still go watch. All righty then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home