Monday, March 31, 2008

Crumby Finds Something New to His Experience

Yes. I did. There I was mincing along in my cowboy boots, favoring my bad knee. Suddenly I chanced to gaze upon an odd appearing Oxalis residing in the midst of a great forest of usual appearing yellow Oxalis that some name O. corniculata, O. stricta, or more familiarly, O. dillennii. Yet these are not the usual bright yellow flowers I am used to. These are a pale greenish yellow, and also appear smaller than the regular yellow ones. Now I must go back and collect some of this. Other characters may also differ.

Actually, I should have collected it when I went back to take this picture. But cowboy boots are tricky. You go along hastily in cowboy boots at your own peril. Plus, the slighest shift in mass, like even the tiny mass of an Oxalis specimen, could throw off the bilateral symmetry of a cowboy boot wearer easily enough.

My cowboy boots leak. Parts of the insides are unglued. Those parts may ball up in the toe, frightening me when I try to put the boots on. Maybe those are all good reasons not to collect a specimen. Maybe not.

Now I have to go back again. This next time I shall be sensibly shod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home