Monday, January 12, 2009

Comet Lulin Makes Progress

That’s correct. Comet Lulin has forged ahead. Comet Lulin has passed through a celestial gate or between a celestial goalpost comprised of 47 and 45 Libra. This morning, Comet Lulin is keeping company with a 9th or 10th magnitude star, west of 47Libra. Comet Lulin seems to be following the trajectory indicated by cometchasing.skyhound.com very closely. Close enough for government work.

I wish I could comment on the brightness of Comet Lulin relative to the other morning, but I can’t. That’s because Moon was up and very bright this time as opposed to last time. Plus, I employed the Lomo this time rather than the Great Red Tube. Still, Comet Lulin does not show up in the excellent Lomo 40mm finder or in the equally excellent 10x42 Superior Elite bin. So I reckon an average amateur astronomer in these parts still needs a telescope, or a big and cheap bin, to espy Comet Lulin.

However, Comet Lulin may be showing some elongation. Seems like there was elongation away from that little star discussed briefly in the first paragraph at about 110x.

Yes. Moon had the scenery lit up this morning even at 6AM. Briefly I considered the cultural option, nude average amateur astronomy. But the police in these parts are alert to such antics. Those police might have espied a nude average amateur astronomer exposed by the Moonlight almost immediately. Besides, there was plenty of whore, I mean, hoar, frost located on the miserable dessicate herbs. Yes. Those herbs were frozen over with hoar frost. So for those two reasons I rejected the cultural option, nude average amateur astronomy.

Another naked celestial body besides Comet Lulin I wished to espy this morning is Omega Centauri. This morning was only the second time I have knowingly espied Omega Centauri. Omega Centauri is easy to espy in a bin amid the tree branches off south these days. Which condition makes me wonder, Crumby you might need to espy NGC 5128, the great yet mysterious galaxy located north of Omega Centauri. I bet you need to try for that one.

Turns out, NGC 5128 may be possible in the Great Red Tube by about the 22nd of the Julian. Yet on the morning of the 21st of the Julian, at around 6 AM, Moon is fixing to occlude Antares. I need to be front and center for that occultation, fer sure, conditions permitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home