Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Dew Shield

Depicted is a dew shield for the Lomo 133.5mm. That’s right. The dew shield is a one gallon plastic pot with the bottom cut off. There is also a slit cut out that accommodates the Rigel Quickfinder mount. The only problem is, this one gallon may be a little short. But maybe not. Whether or not it is too short needs to be determined experimentally.

Man alive! I was out the other night. The dew afflicted me. But I did not realize that dew was afflicting me. No. I did not notice the dew. Instead, I figured the telescope was messed up. Yes. I could espy pretty well with low power eps, but as I attempted to use higher power eps, the images degraded significantly.

Dern it! This telescope is broke, Crumby, I shouted out. In disgust I was fixing to put on the front cover when I noticed the dew on the front lens. Crumby, this telescope needs a dew shield, I shouted.

Eventually, I surmised that a one gallon bucket might work. It stays on well. But it may be just a hair short. We shall see, anon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home