Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Crumby Ovate, a Personal Note on Bad Habits

Today, I had two Negra Modelos in mixed company. Last week I had two Beck darks in mixed company. For me, now-a-days, these were major depatures from the customary of none atall.

Because on February 10, 2005 I had seven Schlitz Malt Liquor tall boys between 5 and 10 pm. During the week of December 1, 2004, I drank two 1.75 liter bottles of Old Crow and started in on a third. I had also guzzled up similar quantities every week previous to the week of December 1 for as long as I can remember. So I have made good progress on the alcohol consumption front from the "Jeez Louise, you need to drink less" pespective. Undoubtedly though, I have hurt the liquor busniness in these parts.

Now I only drink when I have company; a rule I made up on the morning of February 11 when I didn't feel so good and also noticed that some of my internal valves, glands, organs and what not didn't seem to be working together. (But it only took four days to get over the dts).

In my case this rule (social drinking only)works very well, because only a very few people like me enough to drink with me. So in a way, anti-social, eccentric behavior, a belligerent and uncompromising attitude, intolerance for the views of others, funny lookin'(all attributes that make me difficult to be around) have contributed to the cure.

I have had less luck shucking the Demon Snuff, although I am making moderate progress on that too. I am only using up a can of Grizzly every four days or so, as opposed to every day. Shucking the Demon Snuff altogether would be easy, if my outside job didn't make me so nervous. Read: The snuff is associated with a number of displacement behaviors I do at the job, to keep from doing what I'd really like to do at the job, starting with strangling grown men with my bare hands.

I hope this testimony will inspire those of you that I both know and like who have bad habits, to get shut of the bad habits if you want to. I don't care about those of you I don't know, and if I don't like you I hope this makes you do more bad habits.

Now, pivoting on to another subtopic. there sure is a lot of oak wilt off to the west in these parts, especially in Gillespie and Kendall counties. If there are still scientists around somewhere, they might want to have a looksee at all those dead trees.

And, Telescope Tomfoolery is an addiction. That Lomo has lost his mind. No, I shouldn't say that, who knows what complexities or lack thereof lurk under that browridge. Rather I should say that he appears to this casual observer to have lost his mind. How much optical equipment could a Proto Human need? What does he do with it? How much does it cost? Where does it all come from? What the heck is a dielectric (sp?) diagonal anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home