Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Ray's Thought for the Day - Bad Lomo

Ha! Here's what Lomo has been up to. Who'd have thought a proto human could pull all this off. He even has a Pay Pal account and is attempting to get verified using the Crumby Ovates checking account. Yikes! I better look at my balance too. The evidence was uncovered by Rayetta, House Detective, of course, and is presented below. Bill, the vendor, provided prompt and courteous service and excellent goods by the way. Reads from the bottom up.
Actually I have rearranged for clarity. Now reads top down.
Note: The barlow discussed below is a negative lens 3x magnifier I'm told.

> >Bill wrote:
> >At 12:11 PM 8/19/2005, ptdruid@.net wrote:
> > >The following message has been sent to you in response to your Astromart
> > >classified ad #371183 - 'Tele Vue 3x Barlow '.

Bill,
> > >
> > >I'll take it if it's still available. I sure have been having trouble
> > >getting a barlow here lately.
> > >
> > >Pay Pal preferred (by me).

Lomo,
> >Yes, it's still available. Where are you located (for shipping)?

>At 11:24 PM 8/19/2005, Lomo Sapien wrote:
> >Great. If the shipping cost is a little more, tell me and I'll make up> >the difference.
> >
> >Address is:
> >Lomo Sapien
> >Druid Environmental

> >I am as yet unertified on Pay Pal. I have to wait another day for my bank
> >to note the small e-bay withdrawal. I found out Pay Pal actually tells
> >people you are uncertified from a friend I bought a scope from
> >recently. So that's why I decided to get certified. How annoying is
> >that? But overall Pay Pal is handy.
> >
> >I'll Pay Pal you here in a minute.
> >
> >LS



>
>Bill wrote:
>Lomo,
>
>I just sent the Barlow off to you, USPS Priority Mail.
>>The delivery confirmation number is:
>
>xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
>
>Thanks,
>
>-bill

At 09:27 PM 8/22/2005, Lomo Sapien wrote:
>Bill,
>
>Got it today. Apart from being a little dusty it appears to be in great
>shape. I did some terrestrial observations, but the heat and mosquitoes
>have driven me inside. I'll check it out some more tomorrow night. This
>should be just the ticket for my Lomos.
>
>Thanks for the super fast delivery.
>
>LS

Bill wrote:
Lomo,

I'm glad you got it OK. Sorry about the dust. I've always been a bit
timid about cleaning lens. I've heard stories about how cleaning can do
more damage than it's worth.

What's a Lomos?

-bill

Lomo wrote:

Bill,

Two Lomo Mak Cass telescopes, a 95 mm and a 133.5.

1. On dust, there is a point where I just can't stand it anymore and have been known to swab Zeiss binocs with my shirt tail. Also you got to do something about all the crap that can get on lenses. They get oil, hair, snuff, pollen; Jeez Louise they get filthy, so what you gonna do. I figure those coatings should stand up to some cleaning. This comes from long experience with dissecting microscopes and binocs.
Speaking of snuff, you don't want to accidentally drop any in yer binoculars and then look through the binocs unless you have glasses on.
Dang, I should have gotten up earlier. It looks like all the action right now is in the early morning.

Lomo Sapien

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home