Friday, October 14, 2005

Pride Goeth Before a Fall

Lee, the 7 come 11 numerologist caught me in a wish lie the other day. He's good at that. Caught me in the lie as it was comin' out, and almost stopped me before I finished lyin'. A good lesson that was, fer me.

This was the lie I told. Lee read my first name off my work badge and jokingly called me Paul Simon. And I, small talk wise, replied in ignorant and vulgar fashion, "I wish I had his money." This is a total lie since I don't wish I had Paul Simon's money at all. And Lee knew this somehow and called me on it, and his remonstrance indicated just how ignorant and vulgar a remark, mine was.

Lyin' in casual conversation at my age and station. Yikes! There are some people you don't have casual conversations with, and Lee is one of them. Thank the Goddess fer other Druids, besides me.

And the WG did some payback on me for lyin' already and I behaved cravenly in response, so I deserve some payback for that too, anon.

Oh well, Druid trainin' can last awhile, or as the Christians used to say, pride goeth before a fall.

The Crumby Ovate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home