Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Adventures II - Crumby Opines on Providing Details for the Curious

In addition to enumerating, I Crumby like to measure attributes. One of the great issues I deal with daily is whether some item will fit or work properly. Once upon a time, the Goddess of Reality Checks, my reality not hers, decided to purchase a new mirrow for one of the RGVECB comfort stations. But she did not measure the old mirror or the replacement mirrow, instead relying on gestaldt. So the new mirror turned out to be way smaller than the old mirrow. We could have taken the new mirror back to Home Depot, but I had an accident with it before that could happen. Consequently, I may still be in the throes of seven years bad luck, but how would I know that, fer sure.

So I need to measure stuff to know if it will fit or if it will work right. This is why, right now, I want to know the top diameters and how much certain generic plossl eyepiece lenses are recessed. I need to know this information not only on the plossls, but on other types of eyepieces I might be interested in puchasing if I was made aware of these particular dimensions. Yet this is not the kind of information (these particular dimensions) that venders tell a potential buyer of these items even after the potential customer, me, has sent polite e-mails to the venders inquiring after these dimensions. These venders that don't reply don't realize the awful consequences of their inaction, laziness and turpitude.

On the other hand, the venders at Surplus Shed cheerfully and expediently provided this information on their products (as did a fellow Astromarter). Unfortunately their products have unsuitable dimensions. Nevertheless I intend purchasing one of the Surplus Shed products anyway once I discover how to actually purchase a product for the first time on their website, a process that is not intuitively obvious, to me.

Yepper. This do-hickey here would do precisely what is required if only it would fit into this thing-a-ma-jig here. Dang it and also rats-ola which expression I heard for the first time ever today. Ordinarily we at RGVECB frown on the use of animal nomenclature cussing, but we may make an exception for rats-ola which is very mild cussing because literally translated, it means Hello rats! Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home