Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bracted-twist flower - baby cotyldedons





These are pictures of very tiny baby bracted twist flowers. Most, if not all, show the cotyledons attached on the bottom near the ground. The purple color and the slightly toothed leaves may help separate these from other baby cotyledons. Actual size is in the neighborhood of 5-10mm. They are habitating in a half inch tray at Pats if everybody would like to go visit them. There may be two pictures of the same one, because I got rattled when Pat threatened to charge me $5.00 for takin' their pictures. But then I started snufflin', so Pat said the pictures would be free if I would quit snufflin'. Tomorrow later, for all of us here at the CB will be up all night until at least 6:30 AM tomorrow, Hope Remains and me, Ray are going out to our presumptive bracted twist flower area to compare the baby cotyledons at that location to these here pictures.

Ray Pistrum fer RGVECB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home