Monday, May 15, 2006

Red's motivational little wonders (cont.)

Hark! The skies today are once again as blue as they ever get in these polluted parts, sort of milky blue. Nevertheless, there may be a window of opportunity for heavenly communion. I shall ascertain anon, the time of moon rise, for the moon is waning, but great, yet.

The rain evaded the CB yesterday. When that happens, rain evasion, ye wonder if a pattern is developing, no rain fer half a year, fer that is whut may transpire.

Gaura drummondii. I am an aggressively rhizomatous lawn weed and my preferred associate and bosom companion is Ambrosia psilostachya which makes me problematic for my ostensible managers I am told.

Eupatorium greggii. I'm actually bluer than this picture shows, generally. In these parts I like it shady for some reason and I don' do so well out in the sun. My managers can't figure that out any better than they can get the color right on the picture.

I am the tiniest Violaceae at the CB and the tiniest in North America maybe. There's lots of us here at the CB cause they only mow us down on rare occasions after we seed out. Then too, we've learned how to seed out when we're short.

Solanum elaeagnifolium. Home, home on the range. The worse it gets, the better I like it. Bring on the Wicker Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home