Monday, May 08, 2006

Red's new ecotype, Evolvulus sericeus

I need ye to translate, fer me, Arkdruid.

Yer good to go, Red.
_____

Here depicted is an ecotype of Evolvulus sericeus new to my experience. I have been watching its progress for a couple of years and it justs gets bigger and bigger until these days it is even bigger. Plus it is the dominant species at that particular location as depicted. The surrounding graminoids are mostly Buchloe dactyloides and Stipa leucotrciha. The graminoid poking up out of it is Tridens flavus. Interesting.

Later.

Er. I fergot. There was another 5 tics in the gage this morning and the Symphoricarpus is startin' to mildew. But the Evolvulus flowers opened up so Ray-mone got a close up.

Later still.

Prairie bishop, Bifora, is the Crumby Ovate's favorite carrot. What the hecks Crumby up to. He needs to get back here and hep me.

This little spider likes it too. Spider, backside to the camera, has a gnat.

Way later still.

Only the round chested are out tonight with the telelscopery. Hot and humid, moon's half, plenty of skeeters, couldn't even pick up Polaris til 9:30 over the great highway lights. Even so, managed to split Epsilon Bootis in the Lomo Mak, 133mm around 10:30. But it took a 12.5mm UO ortho and 2x Ultima barlow to do it. That's about 192x and I couldn't get em crisp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home