Friday, July 28, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes

Hark! One or another of Jupiter's big moons is throwing a shadow upon Jupiter. Pretty neat with 20mm TV plossl and 3x TV barlow. Jupiter is visible even though it aint dark. Tonight the sky is clear for the nonce and I have set up the big Lomo and the Newt. However, I forgot that I only have one dang Rigel. Both the scopes have Rigel mounts, but if I switch the Rigel back and forth, I'll have to adjust it every time I switch. That's no good. Hmmm. Maybe I need another gizmo.

Tonight the subject of perusal shall be the much interrupted of late subject of perusal, Ophiucus the Hoe Bearer, who chopped poor old Serpens in half. Then after that I shall look north if I am still awake, maybe. Yip! Yip! Harroooo!

Addendum

Er. I couldn't split 41 Ophiucus last night and I couldn't find the Mag 12 companion in SAO 160261 either. Also, I couldn't split 68 Ophiucus. Aggravatin'. Well, it was very windy with intermittent clouds and the sky was very bright. Poor conditions.

Antares was all over the place in the Newt. It looked like a fire ball and I was having some trouble resolving stars even in the Lomo even at high powers where the Lomo normally produces very nice discs. However, I did split Antares again at very high power in the Newt. The companion appeared blue gray last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home