Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ray's Thought for the Day - I am a Nail in the Tin Roof fer Heat Month is Turning Out to be a Serious Loser

At the CB for this very hot and dry month we have 6 tics in the guage. We piss out more than that, maybe. If this weather pattern continues through another fall like the last one, Goddess help us. Last night I was so stressed by the incessant heat and lack of rainfall that I awoke from rest upon the Ample Bosoms all sweaty. Then I started to look around for some light reading that might help put me to rest again. "What's this? Here's some of my sun god training homework that I was supposed to read. I remember now, this is the very volume I was hoping might come out as a Classic Comic." That was my thought as I picked up Revelation by St. John the Devine.

What's this then? Easy that, John is sending out letters to backsliders. Whoa! Jesus is telling John what to spell in the letters. Yikes! Jesus is aggravated. The faithful are fornicating like rabbits and wolfing down evil cows sacrificed to Balaam (not the Balaam who had the talking donkey, but a different Balaam, maybe) and whoring after Jezebel. Uh oh, if the faithful don't quit all that wickedness they will never get to see the four interesting beasts that inhabit round about the throne of God. The beasts say "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come." 24/7. Er, doubtless the interesting part is how the beasts look.

Plus the backsliders, unless they repent at the last minute, won't get to see the 24 elders either. What are the 24 elders up to? The elders fall down before him that sat on the throne and cast their crowns before the throne and they say, er, oh well never mind what they say. Probably the interesting part is watching the elders cast their crowns to the foot of the throne and then retrieve them. That could be fairly interesting if the crowns are all very similar.

Chapter 12 is sort of interesting reading for Druids, maybe. But then the balance of the book is a couple of big wars and after that there's a new heaven and a new earth and a new Jerusalem. The big difference between the new earth and the old earth is, on the new earth there is no night, no oceans and no sinners. Whoa! I may infer that there would be no astronomers or ichthyologists either.

Crumby warned me about this book long ago. Crumby said, "It is a book that is easy for liars and gluttons to live with." Why? "Easy that, they skip over the second part of Chapter 22, Verse 15."

Er, now I have to come up with some intelligent questions about the book to ask my lady instructors.

1). Babylon is a little hamlet in Iraq. Are the sinners of Babylon really all that much more wicked than the sinners in say, Miami Beach?

2). Do you think we should stop using Whore of Babylon as a synonym for lying and gluttonous Congresspersons and the TV demons?

3). Do I really need to be a Jewish virgin to stand on Mount Sion with Jesus? Er. Rayetta may not think this one is very intelligent. I may need to omit this one.

4). How much does a talent weigh? Er. Noper I can look this one up, maybe. I better not ask this one.

5). What about the lady that gets chased off into the wilderness by Beelzebub maybe. Is she like unto our White Goddess, maybe? How come she gets disrespected so much?

Dang it. I'm wore out with this. Well, maybe some of these questions will demonstrate to the ladies that I have read my homework lesson, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home