Thursday, August 17, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes - Lost in the Menagerie

Ray, my bosom companion, is suffering from a prodigious inner thigh chafing. I feel his pain. For it is the nature of Druidic bosom companions to share everything, telepathically speaking. Because I too, feel Ray's chafes, the double decker lawn chair in the east pasture was not the comfortable perch that I have grown accustomed to. Rather, I had to be careful how I adjusted myself when seated.

The previous night or two prior to last night, and last night also, I have been perusing about in constellations with names like Equuleus, Vulpecula, Lepus, Cetus and Camelopardalis. The common denominators of these constellations are zoological nomenclature and stars requiring high magnitudes for espyization.

You may recall that the naked Princess Andromeda was once chained to a rock out in the sea and all set to be eaten by a giant sea creature of undetermined taxonomy when she was snatched from the very jaws of this sea creature by Perseus and his flying horse, Pegasus. Cetus is this very same sea creature of undetermined taxonomy. According to the out of print Golden Skyguide, the stars in this general configuration figured in heathen Babylonian religion as a great serpent. (Note: Casual research into heathen Babylonian religion recommended pertaining to great serpent.) Maybe, the great serpent is a water snake. Anyway, there's a naked eye plus spectacles star, Deneb Kaitos, in Cetus, down and left of Fomalhaut that I can use to find my way around a little, out there. But it's tough going, out there.

Roaring off to the north at supersonic speed, approximately, we come to the great constellation Camelopardalis, the giraffe or camel-leopard. Turn left at Perseus. The literate may recall the very famous King's Cameleopard episode in Huckleberry Finn. All these zoological consellations are requiring my utmost in navigational skills and I am frequently lost amid the faint stars. Plus, Ray's chafes are not helpful.
______

Later

I have completed my cursory research into Babylonian religion. Actually, I didn't have to do much research at all for I was instantaneously reminded upon espying the name Gilgamesh, of the sungod bullshit that permeates that region of the globe and has thus permeated that region for so long that the WG has utterly forsaken that place, meaning no disrespect to Ray's Sun God Academy. So it's no wonder that the relictual evidence for Babylon sports a US Marine heliport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home