Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ray's Delicious Cinnamon Bun, Saved Again

Whew! That was close. Mammon almost got my delicious cinnamon bun, maybe. But I beat him too it. Boy howdy, it was a close call though, maybe. When we began the Promenade for Produce I immediately noticed that the throng of large white people was throngier than usual. "These excessive ones among the throng are bound to be agents of Mammon the Hump," I surmised. But lo and behold, when I arrived at the cinnamon bun vendors, there were plenty of cinnamon buns, less the three the lady in front of me purchased. So now I think Crumby may have exaggerated the threat Mammon poses to my delicious cinnamon bun.

One thing you have to know about Crumby is that he sometimes only pretends to ovate. And it's hard to tell sometimes when he's really ovating or just pretending to ovate. With regard to Mammon getting my cinnamon bun, I now surmise that Crumby was only pretending to ovate. Hark, here is my bosom companion now.

Que paso Ray?

De nada Crumby. Er, I got my delicious cinnamon bun, all righty then.

Yepper. I knew you would. I cast a spell that kept Mammon the Hump away from your cinnamon bun, maybe. All you needed to do was get to the Promenade in the nick of time.

No way dude. There were plenty of cinnamon buns left after I got mine.

Nevertheless Ray, I happen to know that right after you departed with your cinnamon bun, a great throng descended on the remaining cinnamon buns and no prisoners were taken. Alas for those cinnamon buns.

All righty then, Crumby. I need to show you a letter I received just this very nonce. Check this out.
_____

Mr. Ray Pistrum, Trainee
Ray's Sun God Academy


Dear Mr. Pistrum:

Thank you for ordering the Galileo Gravitator. I am certain you would be very happy in having your own personal one of these very interesting artifacts or maybe you would like to present this wondrous artifact to a loved one or bosom companion perhaps, but unfortunately, all the Galileo Gravitators we once had in stock suddenly disappeared in a blinding flash of light. Those who witnessed the blinding flash of light took a couple of minutes to fully recover, and when they could see again, all the Galileo Gravitators were gone. Everyone looked high and low for the disappeared Galileo Gravitators, but alas, none could be found high or low. So regretably, your Galileo Gravitator order is on hold until we can round some up.

Sorry if this news causes you lotsa stress,

D. Mammon (the Humpster)
President
Avarice Ltd.
____

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
_____

The moral to this story is, sometimes the dish is take out.

the Arkdruid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home