Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ray's Thought for the Day - Promenading Affably

Good Goddess! Surely it is a fact, and not a mere opinion, that no Sun God Trainee, prior to me, Ray, enjoyed such delicious cinnamon buns, ever. Those poor saps had to make do with no telling what compared to my cinnamon buns. Wormy, cursed figs and such, you betchum.

Yes, off I went on the Promenade for Produce. But I was late off the mark and so many dudes and dudettes were there assembled by that late time, that I was made somewhat nervous by the high density of the dudes, dudettes and their pets. But Sun God Training promotes affability. Plus, I required some tomatoes and peppers for tonight's pasta extravaganza and, also I required my delicious cinnamon bun. So I was shopping affably enough when I suddenly espied a group of sedges held captive by one of the vendors. (True it is that a great diversity of both fruits and vegetables are vended at the Promenade, but much else, even sedges are vended. Praise the Goddess, the rub down vendors have learned to avoid me).

So, curious about the little captive sedges, I, Ray, promenaded on over to espy those sedges more closely. And also, to gaze upon a Cuphea which is the marvel that led me on the promenade in the general direction of the sedges in the first place. I had to go past the Cuphea to get to the sedges and had it not been for the Cuphea, I might not have espied the sedges. That said, I engaged the vendor, also an affable fellow, in discourse, both on the topic of the Cuphea and the captive sedges.

These are the facts, not mere opinions, relating to that discourse. The one gallon Cuphea vends for $7.00. Some 4" Cupheas kin to the Cuphea in the one gallon, may be vended anon. The sedges are from a grower in Florida.

So much I learned factually from the affable vendor. Then, observing my keen interest in the captive sedges, the affable vendor pulled off some of the sedge infloresences and presented those to me, affable Ray, as a gift.

Very excited I waxed, and then, with much alacrity, I sped along back to the laboratory. For I was keen to determine what might be the taxonomy of the captive sedges from Florida. Somewhere nearby is a picture of an achene. Hark! It's our old buddy, Scirpus koilolepis, maybe.

So, I have already had a very interesting and delicious time of it for the nonce. And maybe that seed will grow up to be a sedge, adjacent to the bird bath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home