Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Raymone's Plant du Jour - Bothriochloa barbinodis

Hi there. I am a presumptive Bothriochloa barbinodis var. perforata. That is, I am a spikelet, a sessile spikelet, in fact, and I contain a seed, that is, the makings of an adult plant.

The appearance of me and my relatives at the CB is a mystery. We simply, suddenly appeared. The Crumby Ovate, of course, has an untestable hypotheses to account for our appearance. "I must have come back from some other parts with these dang Bothriochloa barbinodis var. perforata seeds attached to my whereabouts."

Happily, we are doing well at the CB and increasing. Like our cousin, Bothriochloa laguroides, we don't mind almost no rainfall.

See that hole in my glume, maybe? That's the perforata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home