Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ray's Thought for the Day - Jiggle the Handle!

Mercy! The dang commode in the boy's comfort station won't stop running becuase the stopper ball aint seating in the hole properly. This is an event related to the CB foundation shifting hither and yon in response to climatic conditions. If the house shifts, the ball seating apparatus may not fall straight down and seat itself properly. So you got to jiggle the handle. If that doesn't work, you got to lift the lid and manually insert the stopper ball in the hole. But after awhile, the ground shifts horizontal to the stopper ball apparatus again, and happily, the toilet goes back to behaving itself normally.

In some parts of these parts though, particularly just east of the Balcones Fault, the ground is so prevailingly shifty that people have to put up signs in their comfort stations that say, Jiggle the Handle!!! I have yet to see any signs that advised what to do if the jiggling didn't take.

There are worse things that can happen though, when you use other people's comfort stations. Once I did a mighty ablution and then the toilet wouldn't flush away the boomers, that some call temporary tails. There they all were in the toilet bowl. Mercy! And being a Druid I felt honor bound to bring those boomers to the attention of my hostess on whose hospitality I had shed those temporary tails. Mercy!

Today, I was too busy to go on the Promenade for Produce until way late. Guess what happened? The last delicious cinnamon got vended right before my eyes. Good Goddess! Nevertheless on that same trip, stumping along in my lead boots, I discovered some little Cooperia drummondia in bloom. They cried out to me, "Ray, Ray, come back when nobody is around and dig us up. We want to go live at the Cow Barn!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home