Thursday, November 23, 2006

Rayetta's Butterflies - Gulf Fritillary (Agraulis vanillae)

Hmmm. Just when! The heretofore elusive gulf fritillary is ovapositing today. I have noticed that butterflies are easier to sneak up on when they’re ovapositing, maybe. At any rate I was able to get close enough to take some pictures. These pictures indicate some of the activities in the busy schedule of a gulf fritillary at the CB.
Visiting a sad lingering blossom of Malviscus aroboreus.

Resting from ovapositing amid the Passiflora foetida. That may be a Photinia serrulata seedling it’s near. I need to have one of the boys pull that seedling up. The silly doves eat the Photinia seeds and then shit them out at the CB. We can’t have that.

Resting on the Calyptocarpus, Ruellia and Stenotaphrum.


Uh oh. Here comes Red. Time for the water works. Boo-hoo-hoo. Sob! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Mercy, baby girl. Whut’s the matter? Whut are ye crying fer?

Sob. You know why Red. You won’t let Crumby in. And the yellow butterflies aren’t cooperating. They’re too nervous and won’t let me sneak up on them. Boo-hoo-hoo.

Now now, Rayetta. Crumby is out in the wilderness for his own good. Then too, without my approval, I now espy that you have arranged for Ray and Lleu Llaw to camp out there in the wilderness with him. And I let Lleu Llaw take out the Great Red Tube. Crumby has plenty of company and lots to keep him entertained. If he survives, I may let him come back in on his birthday.

Yep. That’s all swell Red, but meantime I can’t do my butterflies. But I could maybe do them better if I had a telephoto lens for the camera. Raymone says I can get a telephoto lens for the camera. If I had a telephoto lens, Raymone wouldn’t need to sneak up so close to the nervous yellow butterflies. Also, if and when Crumby ever gets back into the house and organizes a butterfly library, he will have better quality photos to key out. Boo-hoo-hoo.

All righty then. Mercy. If you promise to cease pestering me about Crumby, you can get yerself a telephoto lens. But ye can’t have more than, er, say, fifty dollars, fer it. If it’s more than that, ye must come up with the rest of it yerself. Times are hard, Rayetta.

I can get a telephoto lens, Red?

Yepper.

Thanks Red. Bye.

Bye Rayetta.

Hmmm. I’m making progress

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home