Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ray's Precipitation Update

All righty then. The CB guage collected about 1.4" of rain, lately. So that gets us up to 18.9" for 2006 of the Julian. Plus, tomorrow, the Crumby Ovate, my bosom companion, may get to come back into the house, terminating his terrible stint in the Wilderness. That's good, because I won't have to monitor him half the time he's out in the Wilderness which means I won't be out in the Wilderness, with him.

Crumby's turned cranky and that makes him difficult to monitor. He's cranky because his ears are better and he can hear again. Praise the Goddess, Lleu Llaw has borne the brunt of Crumby's crankiness. That is because Llew Llaw monitors Crumby nocturnally, mostly. However, the weather lately has not allowed Crumby to pursue telescope tomfoolery so he has taken all that aggravation out on Lleu Llaw, mostly, nocturnally.

So I'm generally rooting that Red will let Crumby back in the house. But that's not a sure thing. Crumby can be dangerous for a moon or two after his birthday. We shall see, anon, what Red decides.

Boy howdy. I liked to hyperventilate myself today. Did you know that standing on a bucket in the cold rain with the wind blowing precipitously while operating on an empty stomach with a big juicy wad of snuff betwixt yer cheek and gum, while yer simultaneously attempting this or that chore can cause you to hyperventilate? I didn't know that. Maybe I was hyperthermiating.

On the happy side, a couple of slices of hot buttered toast fixed me right on up.

Ray.

Uh oh. It's my sister hollering. What is it, Rayetta?

Go get Crumby.

It's not my turn to monitor Crumby, Rayetta. It's Lleu Llaw's turn. We have a schedule.

I didn't say monitor him, Ray, I said, go get him. And have him assembled on the back porch by midnight. Red wishes to examine him. Do you undertand all that, Ray?

But it's cold out Rayetta and I was just fixing to go to the Ample Bosoms.

Ray!

All righty then. Jeez Louise. I'm going ahead on. Mercy!

So Ray must bundle up and head on out into the frigid, stygian darkness. Then Ray must round up his bosom companion wandering practically all alone in the terrible savage Wilderness. After that, Ray must lure the cranky, potentially dangerous Ovate to the back porch. Mercy! Not many would assay such an adventure on such short notice. But not everyone is a Sun God Trainee, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home