Friday, July 27, 2007

Ray's Rainfall Update

You win some, you lose some, some get rained out.

Versus

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.

Yepper. Sports is a metaphor for life or vice versa, maybe. Uh!

Now let's see. The CB is approaching that stage of plant growth known to the environmental consultant as impenetrable thicket. An abundance of rain, you may see, may induce the vegetation to trend toward impenetrable thicket if no countervailing force of nature intervenes.

In these parts, I may be that countervailing force of nature. Yet lately, I have been rained out, and consequently, find myself coming up short in the win loss categories. Mercy! I must console myself with how I play the game.

Let's see. I must play fair and yet give in excess of 100%, effort. Mercy! How much in excess of 100% effort must I give? Taming that impenetrable thicket could take like maybe 120% effort. Do I possess that extra 20% beyond 100%? Mercy! What if I only come up with an extra 19% effort, and lose? What if I lose to an impenetrable thicket? Noooooooooooo! Everybody will spell, That Ray is such a titty baby. Or, That Ray is old and feeble. Or, That Ray is lazy. Or, That Ray is soooooooooooo stupid.

Yepper. Sport is a great metaphor for life. Yet the all important rainfall total is now, 37.14" + 0.11" = 37.25" on Day 217 of DY 1. Praise the Goddess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home