Wednesday, December 12, 2007

At last, I have a camera again!!!!

Yep. UPS delivered my fixed C 5060 WZ today. Yep. It arrived, despite the inclimate weather. The treacherous mode dial module seems to be entirely fixed. In fact, knock on wood, it seems to be working better than it did brand new. That mode dial module was always treacherous, even brand new. But Olympus, knock on wood, has fixed it.

OK. It's miserable outside. So I had to take an indoor picture to test out the restored C 5060 WZ. Here that picture is. It's Rayetta's Zuikos lined up. The littlest Zuiko is, alas, upside down. Despite that, they are, from left to right, the 35mm, the 14-45mm, the 40-150mm and the 70-300mm. There they are.

There are several interesting things about this picture. First, having entirely forgotten how to do a bunch of necessary stuff in camera, I did quite a bit of PP to get the WB sanitized. Then too, I had to desharpen. But that baloney aside, second, notice that the littler lenses are made in China, while the bigger lenses are made in Japan. Why is that? Beats me. Third, this electropictoid was shot inside, in the laboratory, on a dark day, with one of the three overhead lights out, with the shade pulled plumb up (I need to take a picture of that shade since it is also interesting). Fourth, I used a tripod, no flash. I also employed the handy RM-2 electron squirter that came with the C 5060 WZ and was included in the original deal as a free accessory.

All that spelled out, I am very happy to have my camera again and I shall make every effort to take good care of it. Thanks Olympus for fixing my camera even though you charged me more than you said you were fixing to charge me the first time we discussed the charge over the phone. But hey, that's how capitalism works.

Crumby!

What, bosom companion?

Be sure to check and see if the dang picture does right before you exit the venue.

All righty then, Ray. I shall check on that, at this very nonce. Er. It seems to be working normally, Ray. All righty, it is working normally. Now I need to go eat my soup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home