Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rayetta's Butterflies - A New One for the CB, or Perhaps Not

No sooner had I put out some rotten bananas than the butterflies appeared including this one. I was very excited about this one because I nearly convinced myself it is Asterocampa leilia which would be a new species for the CB-BDS. But I am not sure about that. It may be Asterocampa celtis. The black lines indicate field identification characters. Ha! This one may be a hybrid.

Oh well. Here's another shot of possibly the same butterfly. Focus is better. Plus there are four insect orders represented. All ordered banana.

Later

What weird bokeh! What the heck is going on here? Crumby, you need to help me fix my bokeh.

Whoa! That's some weird bokeh Rayetta.

I know. Fix it Crumby.

Later

Ray, look at this weird bokeh on Rayetta's electropictoids.

Whoa! Do we still have the raw files, Crumby?

What's raw files, Ray?

Never mind. Move over. Let me look. Here they are. Looks like my sister resized those files. Maybe we can't do that with the 70-300mm. The bokeh gets too weird.

Let's try this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home