Saturday, April 05, 2008

Crumby Heads Out to the Carnival

OK Crumby. Since you have been a good boy, lately, you can take my camera. Here. I am fixing to fix you up with a magical neckstrap. Let me put it on. There now. With this neckstrap attached to the camera on its distal ends and to your neck proximally, you shall find it impossible to break my camera. Don't you dare take this rig off. Keep it around your neck at all times. Hmmm. I am only allowing you to take one lens. Here. I shall put it on for you. This one lens is all you get. So there is absolutely no reason for you to take this lens off. Do you understand all that, Crumby?

Yes Lovely Druidess. Thank you Lovely Druidess.

Off Crumby goes.

I shall approach this carnival from the east, much as fickle Ogma might approach. Er. Actually, I shall approach this carnival from the east, just like fickle Ogma.

Yippee! This is the very Ferris Wheel I am fixing to get to ride.

Young man! How much shall a ride on this particular Ferris Wheel set me back?

What?

Turns out I got a free ride. Here is how it looks from on top of the Ferris Wheel, digitally enhanced. The casual observer may espy all the progress being made during National Dark Sky Week in these parts.

Every once in a while the Ferris Wheel more or less stops, presenting the average photographer with a photo op. However, the cart the average photographer is situated in, continues to rock. Nevertheless, here are some of the carnival trucks from the rocking cart.

Full Circle! After my free ride on the Ferris Wheel I continued my westerly journey over to a game of chance area. I have my eye on a Mickey Mouse or rat item. Yet that item has no cause for alarm on my account.

Continuing along the ecliptic I share with fickle Ogma, I soon espy these. My Goddess! Ray, my bosom companion, has to see these. My Goddess! This is his dream come true.

About this time, me and fickle Ogma, apparently reach the edge of the earth. We had headed as far west as we could head. So then, back we apparently turned around, heading east, only to discover the astonishing, Moby Dick.

Moby Dick needs a diurnal visit. I need to figure out what is happening with Moby Dick. Apparently, Moby Dick has a lot in common with pump jacks. But I need to check that out in good light.

Crystal Lil’s, partially concealed by the Tilt-A-Whirl is a mirror maze. The innocent children go in, and never come out. I hear an interesting story from the carny hand at Crystal Lil’s. A little bitty girl about five years old, just entered the maze a little while ago. In she went. That little bitty girl never took her eyes off the ceiling. She went through quicker than anybody ever. Amazing! But most of the children are never seen again.

And here at last, me and Ogma are, back at the Ferris Wheel. A Druid Mystery. Full Circle!!!! But alas! Sadly. No lovely belly dancing hermaphrodite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home