Friday, July 10, 2009

Ant Lion City Redux

Dude! If you were an ant, what would you do in Ant Lion City?

Baby please don’t go. Baby please don’t go.

Baby please don’t go down to Ant Lion City, baby please don’t go.

Do wah!

These are the same kind of ants I put off in Ant Lion City yesterday. See. It’s not like I mean any serious harm to this particular kind of ant. No. See. I am feeding these ants. That means, since I am feeding them, I have nothing much against these particular ants. The fact is, I feel like I owe them a free meal or two because of what I did to their kin or friends, yesterday. Yes. These are the same kind of ants I fed to the ant lions yesterday. Mercy! I bet the emperors of Rome felt just like me. They fed Christians to the lions. I fed ants to the ant lions. Same difference.

These ants are enjoying orange soda water and brown sugar. They like it. Those twain little dead ants liked it too much. Yes. They drank themselves to death, a common enough interspecific problem, drinking too much.

Well then. The Druid Dichotomy is, Which would you rather, drink yourself to death, or get eaten up by a wild animal or Hades crazed relatively primitive insect? Easy money, I bet.

That’s right, many would rather fall into a bathtub full of Samuel Smith’s oatmeal stout. Then once in the bathtub might as well swill up as much of the oatmeal stout as possible. On the other hand, a tiny minority might like to get torn to pieces by a shark or maybe by a rat multitude or lions. Mercy!

Few desire to get actually torn to pieces and consumed by an alternative species. I, Crumby, suspect that getting eaten by an alternative species may be one of the innate fears of most individuals of most species. Course, what about getting eating by human cannibals? Human cannibals could participate in getting eating by one's own species. That’s bad too.

The truth is, nobody actually desires to get eaten by somebody or something else, regardless of the intra vs. inter, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home