Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sedge Buster Part 2 Cyperus Lesson 11

The only justification for this lesson is someone wanting a color picture of spikelet fragments, scales and achenes of Cyperus pseudovegetus. The achenes are in the neighborhood of 1.3mm. As you can see, maybe, they are gray and curvy. The scales are also curvy. This species supposedly has nodulose leaves. However, my two specimens don't have any leaves. And the bracts, which they do have, aren't nodulose. Nodulose means, in this case, that the leaves have membrananceous partitions, crossways, at intervals along the insides of the leaf. One can generally feel these partitions, if one has the leaves handy, or even see them in a microscope. But I have none, handy, for Cyperus pseudovegetus.
____

Ah ha. Look what fair person has graced the laboratory. It is none other than Rayetta, that is the LDR. Did all the famous rattite bone scientists get on the airplane Okie Dokie, Rayetta?

Crumby. That was the stupidest stunt I have ever seen. That bone is such a ridiculous fake. And that half wit spore print was so bogus. Everyone immediately spotted that you had drawn part of it in. Now Crumby, swear to the WG and tell the truth. You just made all that up for fun, didn't you? Surely, even your addled noggin can not countenance any of that nonsense.

Yepper, I made it all up, fer fun. And it was fun too. Er, almost all of it. Did you think it was lotsa fun, Rayetta?

Hmmm. I won't say. Because I don't want to encourage you. Because if I do, encourage you, everyone will think I'm an idiot too, maybe.

In that case, I can tell you Rayetta that Jesus talks to me all the time and he tells me that he is very sorry that his followers persecute the Druids and very sorry that they persecute me, Crumby in particular. Also he says that my rattite bone, though lacking perhaps actual artifactual credibility, has much in the way of metaphorical credibility. Rayetta, are you laughing at me, or with me?

Crumby's devine spore print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home