Sunday, April 23, 2006

Red's still hard at it, er whatever

Here's a spell from Nancy.
_____


Mr. Red Ears
Proprietor
Red's Good vs. Evil Cow Barn


Dearest Red,

Just a note to let ye know that Rayetta, Hope and Crumby have arrived safe and sound at the Joke Factory, and the monkey, Lomo I think ye may spell it, should be here anon. Apparently the sixty mile trip over was something of a challenge for them, crammed together in the great vehicle at close quarters and there may have been some quarreling and excessive drug use. But they made it over OK and Carl the Tracker Druid has found Lomo in Arkansas. Carl and Lomo are on the way to the Joke Factory as I write. If you want to hear something really funny, check out the Arkansas Highway Patrol short wave radio channel. But everything is hunky dory and tomorrow we are off to rescue Ray from the moon goddess. I am going along to oversee the younger Druids. Besides, I have some business of my own that happily coincides with the quest to rescue Ray.

Surpisingly, I am quite taken with the Crumby Ovate and regret, sort of, all those years I refused to allow his accession to the Druidry. Crumby, I agree now, is not an actual idiot, but merely an apparent idiot. That's an important difference Red. Ye trained him well.

Red, I know that ye have been torturing Bill the Practical Nurse and making him do the work of three or maybe four hired hands. That's not fair, and Bill is very sorry he threatened to give ye an enema. So to take some of the pressure off Bill, I am sending over Druid Vladamir to help look after ye. Druid Vladamir, due to his thick accent and mumbling is very hard to interpret so ye twain should get along. Please don't torture Vladamir any more than he deserves.

All righty then. I see that Carl is back with yer monkey so we are fixing to have lots to do to get ready.

Yers everlastingly,

Nancy

Druidess Nancy
Goddess of Practical Jokes
The Joke Factory
_____

Hmmph.

I probably need to read this here over agin. She don't say if the great vehicle got there er not. What was Lomo doin' in Arkansas? Arkansas aint on the way to the Joke Factory. Hmmph. Hold it. Here be a P.S

P.S.

Oh yes. Red, to set yer mind at ease, Lomo became very exicted when he heard about a banana vending opportunity in southeastern Arkansas maybe, so he went on up to check that out, maybe, and may have gotten lost. But he's back now and so's the great vehicle. Don't fret about the great vehicle. Druid Rex has a side-line business, Five-Fingered Auto Parts and Oklahoma Credit Cards, and Rex can get parts for the great vehicle at surpisingly low discount rates, Praise the Goddess.
_____

Dern it. Whut's that dern Nancy spellin' on about here?

Bill ye need to get a spare room ready fer this Druid Vladamir that may arrive anon.

Ray-mone, where ere ye Ray-mone? There ye be. Here now load up this here little wonder picture. It be Salvia farinacea.

Whut else? Er, they left the telescopery with me all right and a bunch of it was broke so instead of gettin' to get drunk and cuss out the TV demons I had to do telescopery fix em up on a dang German equatorial mount. The dern thang went catty wampus on me til I figured out the Roosian methodology of puttin' a tiny dang screw Roosian screw on top an even tinier dang Roosian screw both of em situated inside tiny holes in a dang revolvin' cylinder. We're talkin' tiny, like unto fractinal millmeters. So that took awhile fer me to fix it and even a greater while, fer me to fix to fix it, fer Bill had lost my magical wrench set. Then Bill lost the grease too.

Whut's that part of that dern gizmo spelled? Er, yepper, the slow mo control gizmo on the declination axis. Ye need that fer sure. Er. I still need to polar bear the dang thing and set up the settin'circles er whutever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home