Wednesday, April 12, 2006

We are Fixing to do Something about Ray

“All righty then. I’m ready. No. Wait a minute. Got to wash my hands first. All righty then. I’m ready. Is everyone else ready?”

Crumby finished up his personal ablutions in the boy’s comfort station at the CB in preparation for the upcoming quest to bring Ray home. Crumby wanted his bosom companion back, to help out with Sedge Buster. “It aint fair!” continued Crumby, addressing his remarks to everyone and no one in particular. “Where’s Hope? Where’s Rayetta? Reckon, they’re ready, yet? Where’s my spectacles? There they are. Perhaps I should have another delicious cup of coffee before I round everyone up. Yepper, maybe so, but maybe not. Where’s my Grizzly?”

Crumby had this gift. That wherever Crumby was, everyone, and no one in particular, could discover what was on Crumby’s mind, just by listening.

Hope Remains was ready indeed or nearly so. For where there is Hope, despair can not abide forever, maybe. “There now, a little of this and a little of that and one of these and I shall be quite presentable and all ready to go and rescue Ray from the clutches of that Olwen person.”

Hope, as one might suspect, kept a stash of controlled substances of the cosmetic and other categories, handy, just in case. One of these, distributed free with most of the practical jokes vended by Nancy, the Goddess of Practical Jokes, for the purpose of promoting the practical joke vending business, hopped Hope up. Best of all, Hope, as a personal friend and former student of Nancy’s, didn’t have to buy the jokes to get free samples. See! There’s always hope.

Rayetta, however, was not ready yet. Rayetta was rushing around fixing to get ready and Rayetta was grouchy.

“Are ye ready yet, Rayetta?”

“Jeez Louise. No Crumby. I’m not ready yet. And, its your fault I’m not ready yet. Go find Lomo and bring him back here in a little while. I’ll be ready to see you again, and Lomo in, let’s see, half an hour, maybe.”

“All righty then. I’ll go find Lomo. Why’s it my fault? Why’s Rayetta want Lomo? Where’s that dang Lomo? Ha! I know. I shall assemble a group photograph of all the different Eleocharis achenes together, once Ray gets back here to hep me.” foretold Crumby to everyone and no one in particular. But then, espying Lomo nearby, Crumby’s monologue focused. “Hey Lomo. Get on down from there Lomo. The LDR desires the presence of the both of us, anon.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home