Monday, June 19, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Double Star Notes Plus Ray-mone's Plant du Jour

Whoa! Last night I got attacked by what I can only describe as Jovian Angels who took me along up to their mother ship against my will. They were nice though and said they just wanted to visit with me. But when they got me up to the mother ship I couldn't see out. It was just a big meeting room they had me in. I said to the Jovian Angels, "Dang it, I want to see out!" but they just wanted to visit with me and kept me there in the conference room so I never did get to see out. That put me off my feed, not being able to see out, so when they offered me some treats I says, "Noper, I only break bread with those I both know and like, and I won't be dining with a bunch of kidnappers that won't let me look outside." "Well then" the biggest Jovian Angel retorts, "if you feel that way, we are just going to take you right on back down where we got you from." "All righty then, I'm ready to go back on down if you're not going to let me look out" says I. So the Jovian Angels brought me on back down to the east pasture. That's the kind of trouble they got from the Crumby Ovate.

Here's the dang Jovian Angels attacking me with their mother ship in the back ground. That one in the lower right corner is the one that got me. It sneaked up on me from behind.

After the Jovian Angels departed there was other stuff to do. These are the doubles I espied with the Lomo, maybe. Psi Aquilae, maybe. My experience with this one is so different than the only other observer account I have access to, that I wonder if I was looking at the same double. Maybe the Jovian Angels did something to me. Anyhow, this one didn't resolve into twain until ca. 214x and was way better, way more mags over that, like 1335/7 x 2. It was unusually clear last night, the second best night in my limited telescopery experience, so very high powers were good to go.

After that, I looked at 57 Aquilae (big deal) and Eta Cassiopeia which is a big gold star with a little red star, a nice one. I should have got the Newt out and looked at that one through the Newt. But apparently the Jovian Angels stopped me from getting the Newt out. So instead, I looked for Psi Cassiopeia for awhile, but that one proved hard to find and the dewpoint was reached simultaneously with that last hunt for Psi Cassiopeia, or maybe the Jovian Angels were making me think all that was happening.

So a while ago, with the east pasture now bathed in Ogma's light, I assayed to accompany Raymone on his picture taking walk which was scheduled to go right past where the Jovian Angels got me. Not surprisingly, there was no sign of their visit. But Raymone got some pictures of Vernonia baldwinii.

Hi there. I'm the broad leaved Vernonia of these parts. For many moons, Red Ears sent his minions out from the CB in search of my ancestral seed. Now, lo and behold, here I am, sprung up from that seed. If you click on my image you may espy that yellow aphids, attended by yellow aphid ant buddies are afflicting me. Some of those ants attacked Raymone. The ants, lick the aphid juices, yuck. I'll tell you something else. All those ants are big ants, as those particular ants go. Why aren't the little ones participating? Anyway, I should think that Raymone or someone should hose me off soon, to get all these vermin off me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home