Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Raymone's Plant du Jour

Eupatorium incarnatum. Hi there! Of all the Eupsy daisies that grow in these parts, I am the most dainty. Raymone's picture indicates several of my involucres. They are a typical bunch of involucres, fer me, so I am not popular with gardeners generally due to the small size and numbers of my involucres, here depicted much ballooned up for effect. In the wild, the humans tell me I go unnoticed. Nevertheless, I am fairly common in the seldom damp, Williamson Creek watershed. Crumby transplanted my original to the CB many moons ago. My honorable ancestor is over that way, about two cubits south. I am a two year old derivative, by seed.

Here's my habit in a sunny location getting extra water. My actual size is about a cubic foot. You never see me like this in these parts. Out there in the semi-wild woods, I am long and stringy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home